返回列表 发帖 回复
打印
tT

Swine flu: latest advice and information

Swine flu: latest advice and information

As you may be aware from media reports, the number of cases of swine flu in the Greater Manchester area and across the UK is increasing.: O: m* w( D/ Y/ r/ U( m
# ^5 A4 X+ M& L$ H* t
As a result, the Health Protection Agency is now advising a move from the previous strategy of containment to one of presuming a diagnosis and providing anti-viral treatment depending on the symptoms.7 Z) ]: r& j4 R( f: W7 D* {
: j; ], ?) r, Q* v% @+ L
In line with this National Guidance, we are advising all colleagues - including those of you who suspect you may have come into contact with somebody with presumed swine flu - to continue as normal and come into work unless you develop symptoms, in which case you should remain at home and contact your General Practitioner.- `% h& A, D7 n  [' Y. p& A" t

# \1 l+ A* r9 fIf receiving anti-viral treatment, you will no longer be infectious if you have been on medication for five days and your symptoms have resolved.
' a+ h; F; X! e. R+ O7 }9 x9 C9 l" L  k/ z9 _9 f
For further updated information/advice and local contact details for the new National Flu Service, please visit the HPA website:5 b/ n- Y' M( ?8 z; ~2 g4 ?: U# f

, M% S) M) y. n! q6 h! Y- \" \http://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1240812233855?p=12408122338550 _2 d6 l! h6 x& Y! M# E6 o
# |- H; m1 _. T6 _, ]- v. U2 r

0 ~0 m) z. h- x. p2 X--  : l& R; b% M. C" i% d
Linda Callaghan
2 |. v+ P5 A, QInternal Communications Officer8 b! I) j& H" C$ O
Communications, Media and Public Relations( k0 q" I. Q! g8 `: k" m! h
The University of Manchester
8 W$ ]7 ~9 [6 E2 h* hOxford Road/ j6 C6 V- u! J( B; y, ^
MANCHESTER2 ?- f% ^7 O2 {* h* R; G
M13 9PL
* h! n& z& H0 j+ L% V/ a0 r0 C8 I
0161 275 8388* g5 ^7 e$ E! ~1 X( @, t! B( X, ]9 [
linda.callaghan@manchester.ac.uk